2009 Wilderness Society Environment Award for Children's Literature
ENERGY... what it's all about?
Meet the Renewables is an energetic expose on the state of our Energy today.
Fossil fuels provide 80% of energy globally and they 're being consumed as fast as they can be produced. Is it any wonder that they are running out? To make things worse, pollution and Greenhouse Gas emissions are rising. Our planet is in peril and it needs your help.
What’s the answer? Meet the Renewables!
They're clean, mean and ever-ready to shine.
Why are fossil fuels so popular?
How does Renewable Energy work?
Wind, Solar, Geothermal, Biomass and Water.
How can everyone use less energy and help clean up the world act?
Muzbar, Poo-looter and the Renewables join forces to bring you the story of Energy and how you can help to make cleaner Energy part of our planet's future.
Energy - what is it, where does it
• Power up the Sun• How much do you use?
• Power plants & Fossil fuels
• Electricity explained • Power stations at work
• Meet the Renewables • Hydro, & Marine Power
• Bio-Energy • Geothermal Energy
• Wind - a growing industry• Solar Power
• Reduce Use and Flick the Switch
• Renewables... the Options • Changing Course
• Working Together